11.26.2008

October 5, 2008

I saw a preview screening of Baz Lurhmann’s new film Australia tonight. I think it’s an amazing movie, but more than anything as I sat there watching half finished special effects and the visuals that can only be attributed to someone like Baz I just kept thinking “God I have to do this with my life.” I cannot wait until I get to be the one that tells the stories that enthrall people in a way that takes them completely out of the world for two hours and makes them see a whole different kind of beauty in the world.

I was in a room with Baz tonight and I just about died. As we exited the theatre I realized that Baz was on my left talking to someone. I freaked to Christopher but was too shell shocked to say anything, so being the brave one Christopher went up to Baz and shook his hand.

I love being reminded that my idols are actually flesh and blood individuals. It reminds me that what I want to do with my life is doable; these people do it and if I try hard enough so can I.

God please let me achieve this.

0 comments: